Brisk Me Away

4.23.2014

Baby Shower!

Can I just say that I have the best friends ever? I have been showered and loved yet again by them as they have helped me welcome baby girl into the world-before she is even here! My first shower was on March 29th in my hometown with my wonderful high school girlfriends. We were a tight group back then, and it is neat to be able to still get together and enjoy being with one another. I pray for these kind of relationships for our daughter someday! What a wonderful support system I have.
I wish I had gotten to visit with everyone a little more, but I was so happy to at least touch base with these special gals! My other regret was that I did a terrible job getting pics for the evening. I don't know what I was thinking-not even a group shot?? Ugg. I guess I was distracted. Well, just so I don't forget, we met for dinner on Saturday night at downtown Maple Street Grille and in attendance were: Abby, Laura N, Heather, Ashly C, Allison, Laura C, Sydney, Julie, Ashley T, Sydney, and me! It was the perfect intimate, tasteful shower, and I loved it. Thank you, ladies. I can't wait for our little girl to meet each one of you.
Heather's crew was on spring break, and since she could not attend  my AL shower, she joined in on this one and brought an adorable cake, of course. I don't think the pic does it justice, but the soft colors and little details of the clothesline around the edge were adorable!
Heather and me with the cake
Julie and Ashly

Laura C, Sydney, and Julie

Daffodils the girls brought to decorate the table

I'm learning that having baby #2 means gifts get a whole lot more frivolous and fun...it probably helps that baby #2 is also a girl! Having much of the essentials already means people are more willing to give just what they want you to have, which I love!

I loved the unique gifts from each friend. So sweet and personal.

No comments: