Brisk Me Away

7.16.2012

Week of 7/8


 People keep asking me if I am ready for school to start. NO people! Who is ever really ready to go back to school? I have loved the lazy summer days we've had, and being able to spend all this extra time with Henry has been wonderful. I am trying to enjoy every moment of it.
On Monday baby Hank had his 4 month check up. I am happy to report that he is healthy and growing! He weighed 15.4lbs (50%) and was 26.5in long (95%). On Wednesday we headed to TN to visit my parents. I think they were having Henry withdrawal after being with him so much a few weeks ago! Then over the weekend we had house guests-our friends the Zorios who moved back to TN came for a visit! We had a great time with them and got to have a play date for the kids and cookout so everyone could see them and meet their new addition-baby Carter!
Enjoy some pics below of our week!

Ok, this one is actually from last week, but I just had to include it. Our wonderful neighbor Robin watched Henry for a few hours so Steven and I could go out on a date. Like I said, she is our WONDERFUL neighbor. Anyway, her son Bennett has the exact same outfit as Henry, so she dressed them alike and took their picture with her phone!
Playing is getting to be more and more fun! Henry is moving and turning all the time. Here I started him out straight, and he rotated himself sideways. He is always reaching for toys and grabbing things. We have noticed this week he has gotten much more intentional with this and is looking at our faces and grabbing them. He was sitting with us at the dinner table and staring at a plate, then he just grabbed it and got it! Oh, boy. We are in for it!

My mom, Henry, and Emma on our visit to TN.

Mom is getting her Henry fix!

My dad is known for burying his nose in the newspaper. Looks like Henry is following in his footsteps....

Well, at least they'll look up for a minute! Like Papa, like grandson:)

My mom and dad with their four grand kids.

Henry is checking out his goofy cousin.


George caught a lizard and put it on Buddy to see what he'd do. Buddy didn't even act like he noticed-it was so funny! Buddy cruised all over the porch, and this lizard got a ride.

Henry LOVED the swing...it lulled him right to sleep. No fussing necessary!

On Thursday night our friends the Zorios came to visit from TN. We organized a play date so some of the kiddos could get together on Friday. These are just SOME of the kids from our Sunday school class!

Our new favorite game with Henry...although it is difficult to capture with a camera...is to raise him up in the air and lower him down over and over very quickly. He just grins, squeals, and smiles. So sweet!

This is also new this week...he has been showing us some serious tongue!
On Friday Henry and I accompanied Steven to the driving range. Henry was entertained the whole time, and I didn't mind sitting back and relaxing in these nice Adirondack chairs! Steven is crossing his fingers that Henry will be a future golfer, so we gotta expose the kid early!
Ever since Henry was born, people have said he looks like Steven, but just recently I have gotten a few comments that he looks somewhat like me. I hadn't really seen it before, but when I look at this picture I actually saw it a little.

We headed on a neighborhood walk on Saturday with 3 boys and a dog in tow!

Carter and Henry are less than 7 weeks apart. Both are such sweet babies! We didn't hear a peep out of Carter the whole time! Jessica and I were lamenting that we can't live closer together so the boys could grow up side by side. I think they'd be best buddies!Oh, well. Who says long distance relationships can't work? I have a feeling we will stay in contact with these guys!

Daddies chillin' with their baby boys! We were prepping for a small group cookout we had at our place on Saturday night. I am sad to say I forgot to take any pictures, but we had a great time!

This is Sunday after our company left and we had all gotten a nap. Looks like he is in a daze here! :) What a handsome boy.