Brisk Me Away

7.05.2012

Week of 6/25, part one

Wow!! Time is flying by, and I am way behind on my weekly blog update! I like to blog weekly, because it helps me keep our life a little organized somehow. I feel like I can look back and get good perspective on what is happening in our lives. Otherwise, it feels kind of like life is happening to us and I missed it somehow. I am not the best with remembering little stuff, so maybe this is my way to reconcile that! 
Anyway, last week and weekend was busy, busy, busy! We had some part of our family staying with us for 10 days straight! It was lots of fun, and Hank got some serious attention. :) We have such a wonderful family who wants to be involved in his life. It is truly a blessing! See below for some of the events of the first part of this past week!
SOOO...our week started with my mom and Henry's 3 cousins coming in for the week to attend our church's VBS. I had suggested this early in the summer after hearing how fun Asbury's VB sounded, and they decided to take me up on it! It sounded like they had a great time! Above is the girls making cupcakes for the volunteers at VBS.

Little man had a blast with everyone here. He was thoroughly entertained....even in the bath tub!

We three happened to be sportin' the yellow all at the same time, so I had to get a photo. My mom was awesome to watch Henry quite a bit while she was here. I think she enjoyed the time with just him while the kids attended VBS each morning.

Emma (10) loved to entertain Henry!

This one is kind of dark, but you can see Henry and my mom chattin it up!

Daddy spending some one on one time with the baby man...you gotta fight for it with a bunch of people in the house!

We tried to keep the kiddos entertained in the afternoons, too! On Monday they went to a movie, on Tuesday we went to the Madison County Nature Trail, on Wednesday I took them to Point Mallard, and on Thursday my mom took them ice skating! Above is from the nature trail trip.

Wearing Grandma's sunhat!It was beautiful at the nature trail...even on a ridiculously hot day we enjoyed the rocking chairs, took a picnic lunch, took a hike around the lake, and George even fished some!

I finally got a picture of the pouty lip!! Henry has poked out his bottom lip before crying ever since he was itty bitty. It is pitiful looking and gets him lots of sympathy points. We always ask, "Who taught you to do that??"

The Nature Trail has some great photo opps!

Henry started out on the hike awake....but that did not last long! He was asleep for the majority of it, so that meant his mommy was carrying around a 15 pound sack of potatoes during the walk!


cousins!

George finally held Henry:) I got proof!

There is a tiny outdoor chapel at the trail...so cool! Mary Ellen thinks she wants to get married there someday!:)

Manar (this is what the kids call my mom) and her 4 grand kids!

Henry loves his manar!


After hiking we all came back to the house and grilled out. Steven made homemade ice cream-a great summertime tradition that we introduced to Henry!

Henry was a spectacle getting his bath:) The girls and manar wanted to be a part of it....you just can't get any privacy when you bathe in the kitchen!



Emma and Mary Ellen each took a foot and leg to suds up!

This looks like Henry is saying, "Really? Are you sure this is ok, Mom?"