Brisk Me Away

6.04.2016

Annie-23 months!

We are getting dangerously near the 2 yr old mark with this post! I can hardly believe it. Annie has had a great month with lots of sweetness. Steven and I have both commented about her being so pleasant these past few weeks and so entertaining with all that she is saying and doing lately. She is pretty cute to watch and interact with! Here are a few things about her this month:

-Major change #1: Annie is now paci free!! I thought it would be a lot harder than it was to give it up. She only used it for nap/night sleep anyway, but she sure did love it, and honestly, we did, too! We only had 2 pacis anyway, and one of them she had chewed on so much that the base of it was separating from the rubber. We were out of town and only had that one. It pulled away so much that in the morning we showed her it was "broken" and she agreed to throw it away (night of 4/9). Then anytime it came up, we just said, "It's broken-remember? We had to throw it away. It's all gone!" She cried about it some, and it was sad, but we got through it. After about a week she didn't mention it again-except when we travel she still does, because it is harder for her to fall asleep without it there. She was also developing a cold during that time, so in one way she was needing the comfort of it, but her stuffy nose also made it more difficult to keep the paci in anyway, so it was probably good timing in that way, too. As soon as we got home from out of town, I ran in the house and grabbed her other paci and threw it away so she could not find it accidentally-I didn't want to have to take away a paci that wasn't "broken"!

-Major change #2: Annie is now facing forward in her car seat! She was getting too long for her rear facing Keyfit 30 (like by 3 inches it dawned on us), and with being just 1 month away from turning 2, we figured it was time. She is SO proud of her "new seat!" as she calls it every time she gets in it. She acted like it was a carnival ride for the first day or two, and would say stuff like, "Fun!! Whee!! Fast!!" She also says, "This is fun!" which is one of her new phrases this month. When I stop at at red light or at the entrance to our neighborhood at a stop sign, she also still holds her hand out and says, "Drive, Mommy!" I love her facing forward because I can see her better and watch all her expressions. She sees so much more and makes the cutest comments. She now sees the Space and Rocket Center rockets every morning and afternoon on our drive, and she says, "That rocket (wocket)-it's a big!" (her phrase instead of "it's so big") and she starts to count all the smaller ones she sees behind it. She also says, "321 blastoff!!" I also like to see her and Henry interact all the more with her facing this way. She's still obsessed with buckling the top buckle herself on the new car seat just like the old.

-She's been singing a bunch this month. She has picked up on Henry's go noodle, and it is HILARIOUS to hear her sing, "Bang, bang, choo choo train, Common Henry do your thing-I can't! Why not? I just can't! My back is ache (Henry's words), sun too bright, hips poppin left to right. Left, right, left, right. Peanut butter in a cup, we sing this song to pump us up!"....then she just repeats her favorite parts over and over. I gotta get it on video. She's also learned "My God is so big, so strong and so mighty" and gets so excited about it. She tries to do all the motions and it's so cute. She's been singing Mary Poppins, especially "Medicine go down!!" She asks for "Jesus" when we sing at night and when we ask what else she wants to sing she says, ummm....uh....how bout...ABC's!" She also loves itsy bitsy spider right now. She says, "new-sick" for music and asks for it all the time.

-Even with all her sassiness, Annie has always had good manners. She is so good to say please, and this month I've noticed her more and more saying, "You're welcome!" when we say thank you to her about something. Once I heard her and Henry fussing with each other in the car over a book, and she said, "I had it first, please!" Ha, ha.

-She loves to color or sidewalk chalk, and she especially loves to tell me what to draw. Her favorite thing is hearts. She asks over and over "coloring hearts". When she starts to draw she says stuff like, "I coloring hearts! Circles! Stars, Mom! I coloring stars!

-The cold she got while we were out of town developed into a sinus infection, so she had to take meds for 10 days. She got really good at giving them to herself (pushing the dropper in on her own and swallowing down the yucky chalky stuff), and was a trooper in general. It is so funny to compare the 2 kids and their sicknesses. Henry is pitiful when sick and just can hardly function (just like a man!) whereas Annie just pushes through and sucks it up (just like a woman!). I have to really watch her, though, because her symptoms are not as obvious as his are in general.

-She's ready to potty train, but I'm going to wait til it's officially summer first. She has sat on the potty quite a bit, which she's excited about, but she hasn't actually had any success yet. When she hops off, she says, "None came out!" Her time will come, though! She also sees pictures in books and thinks so many things are poop-and says, "poopoo, Mommy!" (charcoal in one book for instance and seeds flying through the air in another). It's funny!








-Some additional phrases/things this month :
I need a wipe. (why we ask) Cuz! I spilled!
Why can't? Cuz I dropped it! Let me have it back.
Daddy get it/Daddy do it (when I can't reach something in the car, etc.)
Love to act like a frog. Says, "Froggies!!" and boings all around
That's a boy, that's a girl (when looking through books or at pictures)
I tired, Mommy. I sleepy.
Mouse went up a tree!! (loves to tell us this story)
Ummm...Let me see...maybe...ummm, soo (these are phrases when she's trying to think of something to say to us-she wants to tell stories, but can't come up with one!)
No, no way!
I need this, I need you.
Bye, bye, Mommy. I'll close the door.
She loved monkeys at the zoo!! (bonobos) and loves any books about monkeys.
She started saying, "gosh", which I don't like one bit (learned from cousins I guess?), so we've transitioned her to saying, "oh my goodness" or just "goodness" which is  much cuter!:)
When opening the door to her room when she wakes up, she reports different things in a sing-songy voice-"I picked my nose" or "I poopooed in my diaper" or "I've got my lovie"
Pitch for chip, upside down, Mommy! I have the hiccups
When she's excited, she throws out phrases like, "super why!!" "paw patrol!" or "tiger!!" (for Daniel Tiger)

We love you, big girl!! 


No comments: