Brisk Me Away

5.14.2012

11 Weeks old


 Last week Henry officially started sleeping through the night, so this week we transitioned him into his own crib in his room. He had no problem, but Steven and I were the ones who struggled with it a little bit! It just seemed like such a big boy thing to do!:) I do love that he is getting a real schedule now, though.
Henry continues to change and grow. He makes eye contact more and more and follows us around the room with his eyes. Like all babies, he has an infatuation with fans and lights-he just stares and stares at them. He smiles all the time and coos and talks. He also easily finds the TV/computer, so we have to watch that! We introduced the Bumbo this week which adds a whole new element to his world!
Yesterday I got to celebrate my first Mother's Day. This time last year if you had told me that I would be doing that, I would have said NO WAY!! I am loving being Henry's mom, though, and wouldn't change it for the world!. :)



Church friends Cheryl and baby boy Nathaniel came to visit us this week! Nathaniel is 12 days older than Henry, so it was fun to catch up with Cheryl and "compare notes" about our boys! Maybe they will be good friends!
I

Henry loves his baby Bjorn and Moby wrap...anytime he is upset I can put him in one or the other and he calms right down and usually goes to sleep. He especially seems to love when I unload the dishwasher with him in it. This boy definitely likes to move it, move it! On Friday, we went on our first hike with Henry. He slept the whole time while Steven had him in the Bjorn. I forgot to take a picture, but it was a beautiful day!!

This looks like we are having cuddly mommy/Henry time, but in all reality Henry is just grinning and grinning at the photographer....his Daddy!

It's okay, though. I will take what I can get!

What a sweet baby:)

I usually put blankets in the Bumbo so Henry can stay upright in it, but he was doing so great this time that he didn't need anything!

Big smile! He must like it!

It is funny how tiny he looks in this, and all at the same time he looks so big being able to sit there.

About to head out for our daily stroll with neighbors...in case we forget Henry's name, it is on his shirt. :)

I mentioned Henry is loosing his hair-and I wasn't kidding! He has a serious old man look going on! It is just so funny how he has the bald strip in the middle and right below he has all that hair. It will be interesting to see how it turns out!
Maggie was funny...we had Henry in his Bumbo sitting right there and she weaseled her way in between the sofa and him. She started licking his foot and Henry stared at her.:) They're a pair!
BIG DOG/little baby

I had a great 1st Mother's day...here's me with my sweet little man wearing the necklace I requested as my gift. Henry shops well! :) The circle has his name and birth date on it. It was rainy and dreary outside, so we had a relaxing day of church, lunch, naps....spending time together was just right.