Brisk Me Away

5.08.2012

10 weeks old

As I started looking at the pictures below, I began to realize how **BIG** Henry is looking. It's not just me-he really IS growing! Several things happened this week. For one, Henry started officially sleeping through the night!! And when I say he is sleeping through the night, I don't mean a piddly 5 hours. He has been sleeping 7.5-8.5 hours each night consistently for the past week (about 10PM-6AM give or take), and I think he is going to keep it up. He also had a doctor's check-up and looked great! He weighed 11 lbs and 12 oz (50th percentile) and was 24 inches long (90th percentile). Henry and I also made our first trip to TN alone and proved to me that we CAN overnight with an infant-we had a great trip! There was one more big event that happened over the weekend.....what was it....oh, yeah! I had a birthday. And not just any birthday...I turned 30!! I had lots of fun celebrating. Enjoy the pictures below!
My grandmother, who just turned 89 herself, had not met Henry yet. I got to go by the assisted living facility and show him off.


Grandmother seemed to really connect-it was so cute to watch her hold Henry and talk baby talk to him. I guess that mothering instinct does not fade!

Four generations!

Next, we traveled to Steven's mom's house where we met Heather and the kids. They were excited to see and hold Henry.

Henry loves talking to his Aunt Heather!

The cousins are so cute with Henry-giving him lots of love. Here Henry is not as accepting of the love. He tried to turn away, but I guess he wasn't quick enough!

Kaia loved just sitting beside Henry. He is looking so big in this picture. So is Kaia!

Talking with Grandma
Just chillin'

Sweet baby








Henry fell asleep and we put him on this pink pig neck pillow. Hence the tail!
Friday was SUPER hot, but we found some shade and got out for a few minutes.

I like this picture-both kids are seriously concentrating on the task at hand!

More serious concentration!

Everyone kept commenting on how Henry keeps his toes curled all the time. Maybe it was his way of coping with all the interaction over the weekend!

Good job, Camden!

What cute kids!

Friday night we went to my parent's house. Here is Henry with Papa and checking out his Uncle Lee over his shoulder. Henry thought he was a weird looking dude, and we all agreed-ha, ha! Also in this picture you can see Henry is seriously loosing some hair! He has the old man look going on for sure. We kept finding his hair in the car seat, on his hands, and you could even see it on the sheet after picking him up off the bed! Don't worry, Henry. We all think you are still cute. :)

Papa, Grandmother, and cousin Emma...who let that baby on the table!?

Henry also kept sucking on his fingers...he has done that all week. Here is mom trying to help him out! He can't quite get it, though.

On Saturday we got a visit in with my Aunt Brenda. She is recovering from breast cancer and is doing great. We were so happy she was able to come to my folks' house to check out Henry. I have lots of fun memories at my Aunt Brenda's as a kid, so I am so glad Henry got to meet her...I better watch out, though, because Aunt Brens will spoil him in an instant!

Emma helped make my yummy birthday cake!

About to partake....of some cake!

Cousins

Once we got back from TN on Saturday, Steven, Henry, and I headed out for some birthday dinner! We put Henry in his "Manny" shirt since it WAS Cinco de Mayo after all! But, we avoided the crowds at Mexican restaurants and went for Japanese instead per my request. YUM!
On Sunday we had a few folks over for a Mexican potluck to fill the void of not getting Mexican food on my actual b-day. Fern was a hit with the kids.

Chloe and Sarah...cute girls!

Henry, Steven, and friend Devon

Nikki, Bennett, Robin, and Reannin. Look how cute Bennett is trying to smile like Nikki! It was a great party. Thanks everyone!