Brisk Me Away

3.08.2012

Hospital Happenings

Well, now that our baby boy is here, I am finding it a bit harder to find time to blog! And I have so much more to blog about! Rather than give all the details of how Henry got here, I will just give the basics. I have written everything out, trying to include every detail, to keep for myself and for Henry's baby book. Anyone who wants to know all about it, though, feel free to ask! I am happy to talk about it, and I especially want to talk to people who are about to go through it. It certainly was a crazy experience.
After laboring for about 12 hrs at home on Saturday 2/25, we got to the hospital and got all checked in by 6 pm. I was between 5-6 cm and still able to walk around and talk on the phone. I had a hep lock and was being monitored intermittently so I could stay mobile.

I progressed about 1 cm per hour. The nurses were awesome and very encouraging since they knew I was trying natural. My nurse would come in and say that all the nurses at the nurse's station were cheering me on! The were all talking about how I was still up walking around and handling it so well. That really encouraged me!
They monitored my contractions and the baby's heart rate 15 minutes out of every hour. We both always looked good, so there was no need for other interventions.
Getting a little more serious in this photo! Steven was my encourager...he gave me reminders and helped with different positions so I could be comfortable. I had a lot of my contractions in my back, so he was great at applying pressure. He was awesome, and I could NOT have done it without him. Just when you think you couldn't love someone more....
After pushing through 3 contractions, at 12:05 AM on 2/26/12, our baby came into this world! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!











No comments: