Brisk Me Away

2.07.2017

6 months!

This little cutie turned 6 months on January 9th. It's hard to believe half of her first year has gone by. I adore this age. These next few months are some of my favorites in babyhood. I hope to soak it up! She is growing great and is a healthy little girl. I think she's so chunky and is bigger than her siblings at this age because she gets like 3 more feedings than they did at this point since she still wakes up in the night and eats! At her 6 month appointment on 1/9, she was 50% for weight and 75% for height. See below for some events in Ruby's life over the past month.
Look at her cute little hand here
 -She has busy hands while nursing! She is constantly swatting the air or slapping something while she eats. She pulls her own hair, her ear, the nursing cover, my sweatshirt strings, my necklace...she treats those last few like she's found a jackpot!

 -She is showing lots of mommy love right now which I adore of course! When I walk in to nursery to get her, she can be totally happy with whoever has her, but when she sees me she starts to fuss and whine, kick, and get all animated. Then when I take her she smiles and squeals with happiness through her tears. It cracks everyone up. And I couldn't be happier about such a sweet reunion! She loves me, and I love her! Oh, we finally put her in church nursery for the first time on 1/8 and she did great!!
You can see here she's getting blonder!
 -On 1/1 she sat in a highchair for the first time! I didn't feed her anything, but she was happy just sitting up and joining the party. On 1/9, for her half birthday (ha, ha), she got baby food for the first time. She seemed receptive to it (sweet potato) although most of it just comes right back out. She will have to figure out what to do with the spoon in her mouth. She didn't shutter and cringe like Henry did, though, and since then she's done great, so I hope we have an eater on our hands!
She looks HUGE in this one! Check out those legs! We affectionately call her chunker sometimes...
 -She's starting to want to move more and more. She "bops" her bottom and pokes her belly out if she's laying on her back. You can see in the above pic that she slides down when I sit her up bc she won't be still. She "jumps" out of our arms....lunges forward when we have her facing out, etc. She raises up from the swaddle position and it is so funny looking. Sometimes when she's swaddled and I lay her down, she won't lay her head down all the way. She keeps it raised up like she is too interested in what is happening to relax. Same in her car seat. She won't relax, but raises her head up to check things out.
Sweet girl
 -She wants to sit up and has been doing great assisted with the Boppy behind her. She topples over some or folds forward, but she is building her strength, and I know it won't be long before she sits like a pro. I love this stage, but it also makes me sad that it is happening so fast!
 -She has such a round little face and chubby cheeks! I have gotten multiple separate comments about how she looks like a little cabbage patch doll.
 -Random note-She is such a great car rider. We traveled quite a bit over the holiday, and she never made a peep. Both of her siblings were terrible riders for the first 6 months of their lives, so this is an awesome change. It **kind of** makes up for the fact that she is still not sleeping thru the night like they were at this age. At least it's a little trade off. We forget about her back there and think she is asleep because she is so quiet and pleasant. It is a huge blessing with all of the running around we do!
 -It is probably too early to actually tell this, but she has had 2 different episodes of what almost seems like motion sickness. Both times it's been when Steven has been holding her (past her bedtime while at parties), and he kind of walked around and swayed her and she's fallen asleep. When she's woken up, she throws up and looks white as a sheet! The first time it happened we thought surly she had a stomach virus or something, but she never threw up again and acted totally normal. Then when a very similar scenario happened just a week later, we thought it seemed a lot like sickness from motion. Not sure, but it was so weird!
 -Henry and Annie continue to adore her and baby talk her all the time. They love to hold her and get her toys. They really think she's wonderful and there is no jealousy there at all. I love it.
Yum!!
We sure do love you, sweetness. You are a joy and a little bundle of loveliness!

2 comments:

The Zorio Family said...

She looks like Henry and Annie now! She's changed so much since the last pictures-at least to me. Where is the angry foreign baby?!
She's beautuful!!! Love those legs-reminds me of nk!

Kelly said...

Ha, ha! Yes, the angry foreign baby doesn't describe her anymore! She reminds me of both of her siblings, too. More Henry than Annie, but I see them both on different occasions. Just like your kids, they all have their own look!! And yes, those chubby baby girl legs are the best!!:)