Brisk Me Away

1.05.2017

5 months!

 
Oh, this girl is growing up WAY too fast for me! We call her "angel" because that is really what she it....the easiest, most laid back baby ever. She's truly a pleasure, and it pains me that it's going by so quickly. Below are a few things about her 5th month (turned 5mo on 12/9).


-So aware! She has started staring us down-she just looks into our eyes for the longest time. She will look up at Steven when he's holding her and just study his face. It is too cute, and we love it. She is now watching us eat and drink and acts so curious about it. She will follow out fork or cup up to our mouth with laser focus and curiosity.



-She has gotten really into toys and always needs something in her hands. She's so handsy in general! She grabs things from me while I am holding her-and immediately wants to put them in her mouth-like one time with a leaf Henry had given me:) She loves getting her hands on paper of any kind, too. She's found her feet and grabs them and also pulls her socks off.



-She now has her two bottom teeth! This explains the crazy amount of drool, hands in mouth, and just need to gnaw in general-like a rabbit! She got the first one the day after Thanksgiving, then another 2 days later. Sniff, sniff! This makes her look and seem so old!



-Over Thanksgiving her aunt Mae put her hair up in a little sprout for the first time. It was funny how  many comments she started to get while we were out-lots of attention and things like, "She looks like a little doll!" Her hair has gotten long enough in the front that I pretty much always have a clip in it now. She does not much hair in the back! And it's just funny because it's blonde in the back and still dark in the front when it is down, but when I put it up it looks more blonde all over that way. She has a lot of looks going on!



-She rolls over onto her belly and raises way up to look around. She's getting really strong and looks so old doing this.

-She loves to hear singing!! She is all eyes and big smiles when we sing to her. It is the sweetest thing. If I sing while I am feeding her (sometimes have to feed one kid while putting another one to bed simultaneously....oh the challenges of motherhood:), she will just smile and eat and stare at me. Just precious!



-She sucks her bottom lip all the time!! It is uniquely Ruby, and we love it. I kind of think she is curling her tongue up as she does it, but I'm not exactly sure. It makes her happy, though! She has to consciously let go of her lip to nurse, and I get a kick out of her sometimes as I can see she's having to really decide which she wants more:)

-She is finding her voice! The kids get a kick out of her squeals and the "talking" she does. 

Grabbing those tootsies!






These last 3 are my faves. They really look like Ruby to me.




What a sweet baby you are, Ruby girl. You are loved.

1 comment:

Andy said...

oh those chubby legs. i just love her