Brisk Me Away

9.02.2014

Annie-3 months!

Our Annie is 3 months old! It kind of feels like she's always been a part of the family, and then again it feels like she just got here! She really has been great just to "roll with the punches" and seems to be an overall laid back little girl. She has her moments, but I think they are normal moments rather than excessive. We've been blessed to have two healthy, happy babies.
There are a few new things going on in Annie's life. She is sleeping through the night! That's a big one! She goes to sleep when we do at about 10 and wakes up at around 6am to eat but has waited til as late as 9am to eat on a few occasions! When she does wake up at 6, she always goes back to sleep after eating and if left along she will sleep til 9 or 10. She will occasionally wake at around 3 or 4, but that's rare now. I'm really happy to get this uninterrupted sleep back! When she does wake up in those wee hours, though, she generally is not satisfied with paci alone and is ravenous, so I just end up feeding her. She is also a pretty good day sleeper. I don't really have her on a true schedule yet, but she takes at least 3 naps a day, with a big one (3-4hrs) right in the middle of the day that overlaps with Henry's nap. She probably cat naps more than he did because we are on the go more, but she seems to handle this fairly well.
Annie is tracking us big time with her eyes now. I can set her on our bed to fold laundry, and she will follow me all over the room with her eyes. She is at a super smiley stage now, and her smiles are SO funny. She squints and scrunches up her nose when she smiles. I love that babies kind of smile with their whole bodies. She gets very animated and kicks her feet and moves her arms all around. Anyway, she is more responsive than ever, and we are loving getting to know her sweet little personality. She still loves to give her best smiles to her Daddy, and he eats it up (smart girl). She also stares and stares at her bubba, and she will give him big smiles, too. He gets all "up in her business", but so far she doesn't seem to mind. She doesn't know about personal space yet, I guess. Neither does her brother, so it works well. The smiles she gives me that are my favorite are the ones when she's eating. I try to avoid eye contact with her, because she ends up smiling and loosing her meal, but sometimes I just can't help it. It is the sweetest thing, and I love that it can only be shared between the two of us.:)
Annie has started using both the Bumbo and the play mat. I LOVE having a few "stations" to put her at, and she seems to really enjoy them, too. At first she just stared at the toys dangling above her on the mat, but now she's grabbing for them and even tries to put them in her mouth. She also has done great in the Bumbo, and she is so cute and funny sitting in it, because she is so  little! A whole new world has been opened up to her and she just looks and looks. Speaking of putting things in her mouth, Annie has been gnawing on her hands a lot lately. It isn't really a suck, because the paci is not a satisfactory replacement, so I'm wondering if she might be teething already? Henry got his first tooth the day he turned 5 months old, so I guess it's possible to start this early.
Annie has been pulling her head up while laying down some lately. When she's laying in the bouncy she will use her "abs" to lift her head and look around. Her will and her body are starting to work together! She has busy hands and is always pulling at her clothes to get them up to her mouth. I have ended up putting her in one piece outfits or onsies all summer because if I don't her tummy will just be constantly out-which would be cute in it's own right, too, of course! She puts her hands together all the time and we've been noticing her staring at her hands and feet lately, too. She still seems to be pretty long and, speaking of clothes, is growing out of her 0-3 month stuff. I will be pulling out all of her 3-6 month stuff next week. Crazy! I love dressing her and look forward to the next set coming out, but it's hard to say goodbye to the little stuff! I've tried to put some headband bows on her, but I just can't get used to the look yet. I'm not super frilly myself, so I don't know if I ever will! She still has her hair at this point...no old man look yet...but I think it might be coming!:)
Annie still has a very hard time in her car seat. She usually cries and cries...it's pretty miserable for everyone! I don't know how she knows the difference. I can pick her up from happily sitting in the bouncy in the house and put her directly in the car and she immediately starts crying-like a hysterical cry-like a don't put me in here cry! I don't get it, but I certainly hope she grows out of it soon. She does love the ERGO and that usually settles her quickly when we are going from car into a store, so I'm thankful at least for that!
We love you, sweet Annie! Daddy, Henry, and I all look forward to watching you grow and change next month. You are lots of fun, and you make us happy!!






No comments: