Brisk Me Away

10.21.2012

Title Schmidle

I never know how to title my posts. I used to do so well at doing them weekly, but now that I am working I just do them whenever I can. Therefore, the events included in a post are random and have no pattern now...oh well! I say title schmidle. These pics are of the end of fall break last week through this weekend. Biggest highlight for Henry: his top two teeth popped through last weekend! I know he is going to start looking different so soon with not only 2 teeth in his mouth but 4, so I am taking lots of pictures these days! Love that gummy grin and hate to say goodbye to it...although I know these teeth are gonna be cute too:)
We went to our neighbor's first birthday one evening last week. Rylan and Henry are pretty close in age! I have a feeling they'll be good buddies! He had a super hero themed party-too cute!
Henry in his spidey shirt with his favor. He is looking like a chunk in this pic, huh?:)

On Friday Steven's mom came to visit for the day. Since I was on fall break and Steven was working, we ran a bunch of errands and went to lunch together. It was so nice to have her to stay with Henry in the car while I ran in and did all my errands. We went to dinner that evening all together.
I love this pic of Henry peering over the edge of his swing at Steven. He loves it!

Thanks for visiting me, Grandma! I like talking to you.
And playing with you!

On Saturday Steven went to the UT/Miss St. football game, so Henry and I headed to TN. I stopped by the assisted living facility to see my Grandmother and met my mom there. Grandmother is in the later stages of dementia, so it is hard to get her to focus or follow her train of thought. She loved Henry, though, and it was so cute to see her talk to him. I like this picture of Grandma looking at my mom:) She kept telling my mom what a fine boy Henry was.

Once she finally zeros in on Henry she just loves him!

She talks baby talk to him and gives hugs/kisses.

Henry was a happy camper while visiting! He is wearing his "I love NY" outfit from his aunt Heather who we were going to see next.

Grandmother was showing Henry one of her stuffed animals. He approved!

Here he is checking her out! I think Henry is Grandmother's 10th great grandchild.

Whenever we travel we have Maggie with us. This is what we see in the back...her hovering over Henry and him checking her out. This pic doesn't show it, but he usually smiles and talks to her a lot. So cute!

Next we headed to Steven's dad's house and met Heather and her family there to spend the night. Making caramel apples is a tradition for us, so this year Henry got to be involved!

Kaia rolling the caramel apple in M&M's. YUM!!

The kiddos with the finished product. The looked beautiful!
And they tasted awesome, too!
Henry has been protesting baby food at home....crying every time, not opening his mouth, spitting it out, etc. Uncle Jimmy thought that sounded like a challenge and volunteered to feed Henry his green beans this evening. He did great! I am not sure what it was, but Henry ate them really well. Must be something about that uncle!

Henry with his Gramps!



Tried to get a picture of all 4 grand kids after church....this was the best we could do:)

Back at home, this picture is of Maggie cuddled up next to Henry licking his toes which he thought was really funny:)

I finally bought some food for Henry to self-feed. This is a mum mum....he did pretty well eating it!

On Friday we decided to head to the pumpkin patch at a church right by our house to get a few pumpkins and a few pictures, of course.



Henry got to pick out his very own little bitty pumpkin..."he" decided on the one with the really crazy curly vine still attached to it!

On Saturday we went downtown to a restaurant we wanted to try. Then we went to Big Spring Park to walk around since it was a gorgeous day! Crazy we've been in HSV for over 5 years and have never been there. I guess that is what having a kid will do for you! Henry loved watching the ducks and fish. Let's face it, he loved being outside. He is a boy after all!

What a sweet baby!

Attempt at a family photo........

We got to see the fish go for some bread...it was crazy! There were TONS of huge fish and they were really loud as they went for it. We'd never seen anything like it!

Loving time with my boy!

What a cutie!


Curious boy!