Brisk Me Away

9.26.2012

last week

 See below for last week's events!

Steven had a birthday on Thursday (the big 3-1), so we went to dinner at Rosie's and he opened our gift...a few shirts and a CD. His big gift was a weekend golf trip with small group guys to Atlanta.
I took this to show how I put Henry in a nice clean spot, but he quickly gets off of it and gets on my dirty rug...oh, well! He is fast as lightning, too!

This was a big deal! Now that Henry is sitting up so well, I thought it was time to try him out sitting in the cart. I have one of those cart covers and debated on whether to use it or not...am I going to be one of those moms who lugs it around everywhere with her? While I would like to be, I am not. I have resigned myself to wipe down the cart with an antibacterial wipe each time and call that enough. But am I the kind of mom who would take a picture of her kid in the cart? Totally. After a moment of fussing, Henry got comfy in the cart and loved it (as you can see). He got WAY too much attention from everyone at the store, too.

Since Steven was out of town for the weekend, I had a great day Saturday around the house with Henry. Then Saturday night, the small group girls had a girls' night. We went to dinner and the Melting Pot for dessert (YUM), so Henry had his first experience with a babysitter and did great! Then on Sunday, I drove to TN for a day with my family. We went to church together and afterward hung out...above is Aunt Marie who hadn't seen Henry since he was 6 wks old along with cousins Mary Ellen and Emma. I hate that this pic was blurry, but that's what I get for not checking whether or not it turned out.

Cousin Emma is getting SO tall....she is almost eleven!

Henry would not take his eyes off of George...he found him fascinating for some reason! He just kept staring him down.

My good friend Abby came by for a few hours to see Henry and visit. It was great to see her! Although next time she'd better bring her 2 kiddos along, too!

We took advantage of the beautiful late September weather.

Henry kept grabbing for Papa. His glasses? His big schnoz? No...his stash. Got it!

We got Henry all ready for bed before the drive back to AL...having fun in Manar's sink!

Where's Henry?

Where'd he go? (love the smile under the washcloth)

There he is!!

What a cutie pie.

I took this picture to attempt to show Henry's busy hands...he constantly has something in them and is always moving them. He holds out his arms and twists whatever he has in them, rotating his wrists over and over and watches it move. Busy body, anyone?

Letting the right hand rest and giving the left hand a workout now:)