Brisk Me Away

8.08.2012

Week of 7/29

WOW!! I have started room prep and in-service for going back to teaching, so my blogging is suffering, but I am determined I WILL keep going!! My words may be short and sweet, but all anyone cares about are the pictures anyway!
Henry has been liking sitting in this walker....even though he is not walking, it is nice because his feet touch the floor and he does push backward in it. It gives him good support.
He is getting SO aware of everything around him. I try to put Henry in the Bumbo on the counter when I am working in the kitchen so he can watch and be involved (I always stay right with him-don't worry!). He watches me eat my lunch...like every move I make from getting the chip out of the bag, dipping it, watching it go to my mouth, then smiling as I chew! This time he was grabbing for everything...the soap dispenser at the sink, and the salt and pepper shakers. The next thing I knew, he was grabbing for the watermelon I was cutting! He moved his fingers back and forth and made a mess in a hurry! Boy, oh, boy, I have an active little one to look forward to!

After Henry's early morning feeding (usually 5:30 or 6ish), I just keep him in bed with me and cuddle. This is one of our last lazy days, since school will be starting soon! I will cherish it!

Maggie just put her chin right down on Steven to say hello to Henry. Henry is SO aware of Mags these days! He watches her walk around the house and grabs toward her whenever she gets near. Maggie is such a great sport...always so gentle with him. Henry grabs at her fur and even got her whiskers! EEK!

Look at those legs!

We went to the cabin over the weekend for some time with my mom's side of the family. It was the first time for them to meet Henry. We had a great time, and he was a hit!


Maggie swimming out to the middle of the lake with me....she and I swam the whole way across. She's such a good girl.

Henry is obsessed with my camera strap and grabs at it ALL the time!

Cute Abbie "fishing"

Abbie and my cousin Cliff (her dad)
I love Henry's expression in this one:)

The pics below are so sweet! We always love capturing Henry's many expressions, and the lighting was so good here that it was easy to get some good ones!








Mommy's sweet baby


My handsome boys




Caleb (Nicole's friend), Nicole holding Henry, and Brad...Nicole was the flower girl in our wedding, and she just graduated high school and is headed off to Ireland for her first semester in college. My, how time flies!

George (12), Ellie (almost 7), and Abbie (3)

Josiah (20 months)

Blondies!

Mary with the babies of the family...Henry and Josiah

Henry is so very grabby now...here he is reaching for the camera!

He also is constantly putting things in his mouth...including his feet!

Ellie is quite the pro at holding babies since she is the oldest of 3 kiddos!

We got to see an owl on Saturday evening swooping through the air to different trees....very cool! I didn't get to see it up close, but Steven did. He said it was just like the "classic" owl you think of. Very neat!

Ellie, Henry, and Emma....I love Henry's face here:)

I've been sitting behind Henry a lot lately to strengthen his torso...I can tell he is getting more and more ready to sit up.

Love swimming in the lake!

The land dwellers:)

I had to get Henry out in the water, even if it was short lived!

Maggie is in her element at the lake for sure!

The whole Walker clan! 

On Sunday Henry got his second tooth! It was hilarious trying to get a picture of them both. I will include several of the pictures I took, just for laughs:)