Brisk Me Away

6.20.2012

16 Weeks Old

I am late on my blog posting for last week! We had an uneventful week at home-gotta love those! Over the weekend, we went to my family's cabin in Gadsden, AL and met my Mom and Henry's 3 cousins there. The cabin is a special place from my childhood, so I was excited to introduce Henry to such an important place to me! I hope you enjoy the pics below...our baby boy sure is growing.







Henry makes some serious bubbles lately, so I tried to capture that! He also has an obsession with chewing/sucking on his hands now. He always has his hands together or is busy doing something with them-even when he eats!

Henry wakes up super sweet almost all the time....he takes at least 2 great naps a day, sometimes more! :)

Again with the hand sucking obsession!

BIG stretcher!

Oh! There are his feet!

He got one! This has also been happening some lately, although I don't think it is intentional yet. I keep waiting to see him try to get his foot into his mouth.

I transitioned Henry out of his infant carrier/stroller combo and decided just to put him straight in the stroller. I don't know why I didn't do it sooner...he loves it and sits up in it great! I love to watch his little feet kick, kick, kick as we stroll. Here he is with his good ol' pup.

Close up! You can see the padding near his face is wet...he sucks on it constantly:) Look at those blue eyes!

Whole body shot-there are those cute little toes I mentioned!
Introducing Henry to the cabin...I think it was more special for me than him! It is a beautiful place, even if the cabin is less than desirable to sleep in and there are critters everywhere.....

And I mean everywhere! The girls were searching for frogs in the ivy and came upon this snake by accident (scary!!). I promptly took Henry inside while the rest of the crew shooed the snake out and, well, took care of him. Poor snake.

George and my mom...discussing fishing tackle? That George sure does love his fishing.

Showing Henry the pier and dock.


Maggie is in her element here....loving the water and outdoors. She will run off the end of the pier and catch quite a bit of air in pursuit of a stick.


This one is blurry, but I wanted to include it anyway! I think it was because Mary Ellen was rocking...Henry got lots of good "being held" time. His eyes are wide here!:)

With cousin Emma.

The girls kept Henry quite entertained. They loved to hear him coo and talk....he did a LOT of that!

He, he! I put Henry in his lake outfit for a bit...fishing hat, sleeveless shirt, and flip flops!

We were trying to keep this boy outta the sun!

~FAMILY~



George is growing so fast...just turned 12. He was born like 2 days after we graduated high school, so he is making me feel OLD these days!!

What cute girls! Mary Ellen is 8 and Emma is 10 (and a half!!)




We had a super time at the cabin, but were glad to get back to our clean, nicely air conditioned house! We took naps on Father's day and went to dinner at Outback per Steven's request. He had played golf on Saturday in Gadsden as his gift, and here he is with a card made by Henry and some white chocolate, too! Happy Father's day to the best Daddy around! Henry and I love you, Steven, and appreciate all you do for us. You are the best.