Brisk Me Away

6.22.2017

Annie's 3rd bday party

Annie loves Minnie Mouse and both the big kids love watching Minnie's Bow-tique, so I had been talking to Annie for a while about having a Minnie Mouse themed party. She liked the idea, then would also bring up princess and Frozen, but I always steered her back to my Minnie Mouse idea!:) She was so happy with her party. I think 3 is really when they start to understand and fully enjoy their bday celebrations. I always say I'm going to pare down their parties right after we've had one, but then I forget and get all caught up in planning them when the next one rolls around! It's a good excuse to clean the house and get things in order while also having friends over that we wouldn't necessarily normally have. And let's face it, it's one of the only times that all the family comes together at the same time. I think it's neat that the kids get to experience that for their bday. They will look back and see they were loved and celebrated year after year, so to me it's worth the hassle, and I usually really enjoy doing it. Below are some pics of the Annie's celebration! They are not in the exact order I'd like, but they'll do. :)



This is also suppose to look like a Minnie Mouse head:)


Best buddy from school Connor

And other super friend Ezra!


Mom is doing great after surgery less than a month ago. She's a trooper.

Baby friends Elijah and Ruby!


Friends Blakelyn and Heather



Our wonderful babysitter stopped by to gift Annie with this Frozen doll

I have to brag on Steven. I baked the cake in the pan, but then had a hundred other things that came up and it got way late. Then I tried to follow the instructions on how to outline and star tip the sucker, and let's face it, following directions is not my strong point. In comes Steven who took over and decorated the whole thing! He did perfect of course, and Annie was so happy with it on the morning of her party!
Annie was so happy all of her party but broke down when I served the cake. We realized she had her heart set on a pink cupcake and I had cut her a piece of the actual cake. Heaven forbid!!

She perked right up once she licked the pink icing off that coveted cupcake!!


Opening gifts! She got some great stuff!

Henry having fun with pin the bow on Minnie

Cousins and my mom and Marie came from TN


Ottander friends came too!!





This was prior to friends arriving. Henry and Annie were thrilled that there was lemonade at the party and begged for at taste before everyone got there! AND with paper straws! They kept coming back and asking for more.


Grandpa and Peggy


She was so excited to have candles and bday song sung to her!

I love how kids flock to the cake area:)

Thankfully Grandma was on baby duty the whole time, because mama was kinda busy!





OUR BIG 3 YEAR OLD!!




She conked out for nap right after the party in her new Hello Kitty sleeping bag and both of her Minnie Mouse stuffed animals. Big day for a little girl!

1 comment:

Andy said...

what a perfect birthday party. i just love it and WAY TO GO on the cake steven. it is amazing. Happy Birthday Annie.