Brisk Me Away

4.18.2017

9 months!

Ugg! It is breaking my heart to write that our baby is already 9 months old!! Geez. Where has the time gone?? This sitting up but not yet crawling age is officially my favorite. I could watch her sit and play for the longest time. And I have vivid memories of the other kiddos at this age. They start to become little people, but can't really get into things yet since there's no mobility. A 9 month old just seems like the classic bouncing baby image to me. I could eat Miss Ruby up right now. She's just precious. Here's a bit about her past  month. She turned 9 months old on 4/9. Her 9 month checkup is on the 20th, so I will have to put stats info in the next post.  

-This month has held LOTS of runny nose/drool for Ruby because of teething. Her face and shirt are constantly wet, and her poor little nose is constantly red and raw. She now has 8 teeth (!!). Last post I said she had 5! No wonder she has had some fussy (for her) days. She's had several days with low fevers and has seemed more tired than normal, and I think all these teeth are the culprit. I even took her to the pediatrician one day because I thought she might have an ear infection, but she was all clear. When I look back at the stats for her siblings at a year, Henry had 7 teeth and Annie had 6, so she is certainly ahead here!

-Over Spring Break, we took our Iowa trip, and she was an amazing traveler. I cannot say enough about how perfect she was. Not ONE peep in her car seat the ENTIRE time. Not to say she was hungry, tired, bored, sore from riding so long, needed a change of scenery....nothing! And with over 12 hours in the car there and back, that is saying a lot. Even I wanted to cry for part of it! We had to keep asking Henry-What is Ruby doing?-because she was so quiet. We thought surely she had fallen asleep, but he would say-she's just staring at me! or she's just looking around! She was an angel during all of our visits, too. Totally happy and go with the flow.

-She's been introduced to lots more food. Traveling so much facilitated this, too. Among other things, she's had water from straw (like a bird dropper) and sippy cup, cheerios (whole ones-her siblings love to feed her these), pancake, biscuit, fry, banana (loves!), tortilla...she seems to really like food and I'm thankful! She now loves the pouches and also food from a spoon and gets animated when those come out and also any kind of cracker/mum mum type thing.

-She has started putting her hands together and clapping on her own and it is so cute! She just watches us and smiles when we do it, but sometimes she will just impromptu clap herself. I've been working on "so big" with her, but she's not doing it on her own yet. She also sits so happily in front of the toy basket pulling stuff out. She will sit and play for the longest time.

-One time this past month I went to pick her up at school and she was in the exersaucer so I just left her in there while I gathered up all of our stuff. After I walked by her I looked back and she had totally lost it-she was crying and so upset that I had just walked on by and not gotten her! There were 3-4 adults in the room and she got all of our attention at the same time-they all thought it was so sweet and cute that she made her wishes so obviously known-especially since she is normally so chill!!

-I have to put her hair up in pig tails most of the time now. She gets attention from so many people in public and they say stuff like-she looks just like a little doll! The bad thing, though, is that she kind of resists me messing with her hair now and pulls away. I have to give her something good to distract her so I can deal with it. I kind of want to cut it, but every time I mention it people act like I'm terrible and I can't possibly cut it before she's 1! We will see if I can resist or not...........

-The kids are so cute to love Ruby and notice all of her firsts. Henry especially does and will say, Oh, Mommy! It's Ruby's first time in a car wash! Or It's her first sunburn! (Yes, that did happen! It was just pink cheeks after being outside all Saturday, but I felt terrible. I don't know why it didn't dawn on me to at least put a hat on the kid. Summer comes early in Alabama!). Annie is a very sympathetic sister and anytime Rubes gets upset she will sound like a little mama and say, "Sweetie, sweetie, sweetie...it's ok! Awwwwe! It's ok, baby!"

-We were out one Saturday and Henry had his new tball hat. He gave it to Ruby to play with after asking if it it was ok. There were a few times later on that she gagged in her carseat, and we thought she might be getting a stomach bug or something. After it happened again, we pulled over and I got her out to look at her. I almost missed it, but caught a glimpse of something in her mouth I thought...I had to work hard to pull out the shiny round baseball sticker that was on the bill of his hat. Ugg! Babies are so resilient-it's amazing more stuff like that doesn't happen-but I'm so glad she was ok!

You are growing so fast, Little Girl! Slow down a little, OK?! We love you and want to cherish each sweet day. 


Hands in mouth a lot this month from teething







No comments: